HP printers are popular because of its highly built features and all in one function. The HP printers are used by millions of people globally as it serves high performance with best quality printing. HP printers come varies model to model and version to version. HP all in one printer model can do scanning, printing and fax. While starting scanning from the HP printer control panel, you might encounter a scan option or set error message on you the printer displays and the scan fails. If you are facing such issues message on your printer display then it is better to contact experts for HP Printer Technical Support.
Moreover, you can also fix the issues on your own with the following solutions given below-
Method 1: Restart the computer and printer:
- First of all turn off your printer by pressing the power button.
- Ensure that the power cords are directly connected to an electrical outlet and not via a surge protector strip.
- Shut off all the running applications and programs and then shut down your computer.
- Further, turn on your HP printer and then turn on your computer.
At last, try to scan, if the scan test fails then continue the next step given below.
Method 2: Add ‘Scan to’ shortcuts:
- In the first steps, find Windows for HP Solution Center, and then click HP Solution Center in the list.
- Now, the HP Solutions Center launches.
- Next, you have to click on “Setting” menu and then click “Scan Setting”. Now, choose the “Scan to… Setup”
- Choose an available scan shortcut, in the “Setup” window and then click “Add” to add the shortcut to the “Front” panel list window.
- In the next step, you have to click update the device to add the scan option to the printer panel.
- At last, you need to setup other optional default scan job setting. Further check if the scanning is started working. In case, no then continue to the next step.
Method 3: Uninstall the Printer Software:
- Disconnect the USB cable through which your printer is connected to the computer.
- Find Windows in order to uninstall a program, and then click the “Uninstall a program Control Panel” setting in the list of results.
- Click the HP printer name in the installed program list and then click “Uninstall or Yes” to confirm the uninstall.
- Further follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete the software removal.
- At last, you have are required to restart the computer.